18 June 2015

Oh why? Why? Am I so weak?

A short while ago I was up in Sydney, NSW and stopped in at Hobbyco and saw this on the shelf
There was actually two, and to be honest there quite a selection of 1/1000th scale Yamato 2199 kits there on the shelf, not to mention Marcoss and a plethora of Gundam kits and accessories. I already had the set seen in the image below sitting in my pile back at home to complete and that magpie desire to have more began to bubble up from within the more primitive regions of my brain. 
So I was rather pleased with myself when I managed to walk out the store without succumbing to the magpie and buying something. Being busy with work on Monday ensured that there would be no backsliding, but come Tuesday morning fate worked against me.

Sitting in the departure lounge waiting to for the flight back home to Hobart and browsing through the 'Spaceship Gaming' message board on 'The Miniatures Page' I came across this topic - "Large size spaceships for gaming with?". There amongst the miniatures mentioned was almost all the kits I had resisted buying on Sunday.

"Look at this" I say to my long suffering wife, pointing at the images of sleek plastic spacecraft on my ipad. "I really should have picked something up on Sunday". Then got on the plane.

Back in Hobart I found myself checking out the Hobbylink Japan website and Beth decided to put me out of my misery and told me to buy a kit. Well I thought if I'm going to go, go big, the Domelaze the 3rd super dreadnought. Hobbylink Japan had theirs on backorder so I rang Hobbyco back in Sydney and ordered it from there and it arrived today.


3 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

We do love our toys! :-)

pancerni said...

Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. As long as it was cleared......

derek said...

..... and I've done my chores :)