14 September 2015

A Plague On My House - 'Operation M' - Part 9


I was hoping to make a start on painting the Cosmo Navy force but the inevitable winter flu made it's way through our home and painting miniatures and model kits didn't really seem that appealing for a while. But eventually I did make a start on putting together the Gaiderol class astro battleship, the flagship of the Garmallis force.


But once I was recovered enough I filled my role of 'parental taxi service' and drove Lachlan and Mei to Launceston for a small anime con being held on the UTAS Launceston campus. Also attending was a historical reenactment group, 'The Wayfarers of Midgard', I met some of these guys previously on the set of a local film production 'MacBeth 1040AD' and it was good to catch up with them and watch them hit each other with swords.


And speaking of swords, these turned up in the post last Thursday morning from Darkwood Armory. I'm told it's a rule of thumb here at the Hobart branch of the 'Stoccata School Of Defence' that any gear you order for fencing always turns up after the weekly training session. Mine is the red handled sword and the black handled one is a late 21st birthday present for Lachlan.

And before anyone asks, they're blunt. Hitting each other with sharp swords is in a word, silly.


No comments: