27 November 2015

On The Workbench - Get In The Queue

I've got a number of half finished projects that have been sitting in what I've begun to call 'Workbench Hell', they're those half finished, never quite started projects that litter your workbench collecting dust. But I've hit upon a plan to clear the decks that doesn't involve stuffing them in a box. Although I have some of in that state too.

Since I'm pushing along with 'Operation M' and the more recent 'Plan N' and of course having a lot of fun with both of them I thought I might use them as a 'reward' for getting projects out of 'Workbench Hell'. None of these waylaid tasks are up to the same scale as either 'Operation M' or 'Plan N' so before I can move on with the next step of either I must first free something sitting in 'Workbench Hell' by completing it. Much in the same way that I completed my 'space torpedoes' before painting my cosmo navy scout planes.

My plan is already in progress as I've stared a queue which so far consists of:
  • Finish painting a human Bloodbowl Team - Workbench Hell
  • Painting a battalion of napoleonic British line infantry - Plan N
  • Paint a group of 1/600th scale MiG-17s - Workbench Hell
  • Paint three assembled Cosmo Navy destroyers and one non-scale 3 step carrier - Operation M
  • Finish painting a non-scale Comet Empire battleship - Workbench Hell
  • Assemble and paint a battalion of Napoleonic French line infantry - Plan N
  • Finish painting a non-scale Comet Empire carrier - Workbench Hell
  • Paint three assembled Cosmo Navy cruisers - Operation M
  • Finish painting a non-scale Comet Empire missile cruiser - Workbench Hell
  • Assemble and paint a second battalion of Napoleonic French line infantry - Plan N
  • Finish painting a GZG 15mm scale NAC gun jeep - Workbench Hell
  • Paint one assembled Cosmo Navy Battleship - Operation M
  • Finish assembling and paint one non-scale Earth Defence Force cruiser - Workbench Hell
It seems a lot, but once I work through this, what has been languishing on my workbench will be finished. Complete and ready to use. The Bloodbowl team is already almost finished and my son already is telling me how I might add to the team. But before that there's those British line infantry and any more Bloodbowl miniatures will just have to get to the back of the queue.




2 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

IT always helps to have a plan. Of course you know the saying about those plans surviving contact with reality!

derek said...

Well then there's always PLAN B :)