25 January 2016

Plan N - Gardening?


I got stuck in over the weekend and 'flocked' the bases, not so much 'flock' these days. It's all various sizes of grit, static grass? and tufts. But I'm pleased with the result.


So, now all I have left to do is paint the edge of the bases. I was thinking of going with a light earth colour but I've grown used to the burnt brown of the mdf bases. Normally I could leave this as is but I did stray onto the base edges when I was painting and dry brushing the grit and I currently don't have a colour to match. I'm going up to town tomorrow so I might have a poke around and see what I can find. But until then it's on to the next group in the queue. Some 1/600th scale MiG-17s from Tumbling Dice.


4 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

Looks good, just need the flags. GMB?

Derek Fulton said...

I picked at a set of regimental colours from Victrix a while ago, I'll start with them.

Neil Milne said...

G'day Derek

Not sure you would remember me but I think we used to game together in Townsville with the THWS.

Derek Fulton said...

G'Day Neil

Sure, I remember you :) Life treating you well?

Cheers

Derek