21 February 2016

Now It's Smoke Signals - But There Will Be Cake.

Recently I commented on the state of my home internet connection, well now it looks like we've been reduced to using smoke signals. The hill across the road well and truly blocks line of sight to the tower providing the wireless National Boardband Network connection. While this is disappointing to say the least the really frustrating parting about this whole experience is that our internet and phone service provider, Telstra switched off our existing ADSL service. While patchy, slow and increasingly unsuitable, streaming video? What dark Sorcery is that? At least we had a internet service and now we subject to patchy mobile phone coverage to have a internet connection at home while waiting for the ADSL to be restored.

Anyhow, I've finished the Cosmo Navy destroyers and given them a light cover of matt varnish. I'll probably apply the decals next weekend.

The Comet Empire battleship is progressing so I've made a start on preparing the next item in the painting queue. It's back to 'Plan N' and the first French unit, some line infantry. Once again I'm breaking the 32 figure strong unit into four more manageable (at least for me) eight figure chunks.




This is sometime of a milestone as the French infantry are the 7th item out of a total of thirteen in the painting queue, so that's half way. Perhaps once I finish them I should celebrate with cake?

Oh look another reason to celebrate, you've just finished reading this blog's 100th post.

2 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

To paraphrase Marie Antoinette: Indeed, "Let us eat Cake!" :-)

Derek Fulton said...

Lots of cake :)